Call us Today: 1-403-830-3049
Branches To Bowls is excited to add the Hunter Tool Systems line of fine carbide tools to our line-up of premium products for the woodturner looking for exceptional results.
The Hunter Tool uses a very fine grain of carbide specifically engineered to meet the sharp tooling requirements demanded by the woodturning community.
• Proficient in rough turning operations
• Excel best in finish cuts to help eliminate or reduce sanding operations
• The carbide cutter will last up to 100 times longer than quality HSS
• When dull simply rotate the cutter
• When rotated all around, simply replace the cutter with a new tip
• Tools can be ordered with or without wood handles
• If you use manufactured handles, the Hunter Tool shanks are turned to fit standard handles
• Be sure to check out the Retrofit Section for tools to fit into the popular captured hollowing systems
I grew up around the woodshop. My Father had a home workshop and he always had the three boys down in the shop hammering away at something. I still have the child’s rocking chair that was re-inforced with nails that I hammered in around age 5.
One of the first Hunter Tool sales was sold from a cardboard box at a Woodturning Symposium swap meet in Mesa, Arizona. That customer turned out to be an editor of a magazine who soon published an article about the tools.
Since then, Hunter Tool Company is known as an outstanding tool supplier of tools for hollowing work. There are many variations and sizes of tools to suit the variety of woodturning work that we all do.
My work is a variety of hollow forms, but I always go back to making boxes, small hollow forms, and Christmas ornament globes. Then just the opposite is that I enjoy making salad bowls and popcorn bowls for close friends and family. The latest Woodturner is my Grandson Liam who enjoys working around the woodshop.\