Designed for efficiently shear scraping the exterior of your next bowl to remove imperfections and refine the surface. The long grind, with a convex surface, helps make contact with the exterior of the bowl.
What makes a 5-star shear shaper?
- 5/8” parabolic bowl gouge
- Shipped sharp with the grind found at Mahoney’s lathe (easily duplicated using a Wolverine jig)
- Double bevel reduces catches and unwanted marks on the cutting surface
- Superior M42 high speed steel with a 10% cobalt content, for unparalleled edge holding
- M42 HSS' unique durability and razor edge mean less grinding and cleaner cuts
- Unmatched flute polish boosts the razor edge and provides efficient chip flow
- Put comfort and control first with an interchangeable aluminum handle
- Handcrafted in the USA, and backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns
- Parabolic flute, swept back grind at 35º
- Blade measures 5/8” outside diameter x 13” overall
- 5/8” tang diameter
- 16” or 20" x 3/4” handle & 5/8” adapter