The Phoenix is the first-choice tool for your light finish cuts. The best use of the tools is as a scraper to clean up the sides, blending into the lower radius and removing the nubbins that are always difficult to turn.
The Phoenix uses the small # 1 Cutter which has proven to be a superb finishing cutter. It is a forgiving tool. All tools are shipped with the screw and cutter installed along with a T-9 Flag Style Torx wrench for cutter rotation.
- With the cutter slightly above center, rotate the tool slightly clockwise and you will soon learn to peel off shavings that are onion skin thin.
- The surface will be so smooth that very little sanding is needed.
- For the smoothest cut, always cut with the grain.
- The Phoenix tool can be used for roughing cuts, but it is designed for final form and finish cuts.
- Higher RPM is recommended when using the Hunter Tools.
- Tools are available with handles or you can turn your own handle to suit your needs.
- The Phoenix Tool will use the # 1 Cutter, # 1 Screw, and the # 1 Torx Wrench.
- The shaft is 5/8” diameter. Tools are available with and without handles. If you decide to turn your own handle, my recommendation is a 16” – 18” handle.